On the 12th of September in 2012, Apple had given word of the iPhone 5's release. Apple started to take pre-orders two days later. Within the first day of being available for pre-order, over 2,000,000 orders were received. It ended up launching on the 21st of that month. There were significantly more people looking to get the new iPhone 5 then their were iPhone 5's available. Apple even described it as "extraordinary." The pre-orders sold 20 times more than the previous release.
Most of the response of the iPhone 5 has been very positive but there has been a few problems. There has been a lot of negative opinions being released about the Maps app that's included on it. It is said to have significant errors. There are also a number of hardware concerns that customers and reviewers have been both noticing. For example, some of the photos taken by the iPhone 5 have an odd purple hue. The coating of the iPhone is also proving to be a little big fragile. On white models of it, there have been reports of light leaking out at the top part of the screen. LTE networks are also causing some compatibility concerns. It's the first Apple phone to support LTE and it doesn't seem to always do the job right.
iPhone 5 Specification:
- 4-inch Screen with: • Multi-Touch capabilities • 800:1 ratio for contrast • Brightness at 500 cd/m2 • Oleophobic coating that resists fingerprints
- iSight camera with 8 megapixels • 1080p recording • Panorama Feature • LED Flash Feature
- 720p HD FaceTime camera
- Apple A6 Processor - Specially designed
- Memory options of: 16GB, 32GB, 64GB
- Dual-band 802.11n Wi-Fi (includes 150 Mbps data transfer)
- Digital compass + Assisted GPS + GLONASS
- Bluetooth 4.0
- Accelerometer, multi-directional gyro, Ambient light sensor and Proximity sensor
- Li-Po 1440 mAh battery
- 3g Phone time of 8 hours
- 225 hours on standby • 40 hours of audio time • 10 hours of video time • Size: 58.6 mm x 123.8 mm x 7.6 mm
- Weights 112 grams